In vitro Skin Absorption Tests, Dermal Penetration
Xenometrix offers XenoSkin H, a broad selection of ex vivo human skin samples without adipose tissue, dermatomic sections, isolated stratum corneum or facial skin for in vitro skin permeation and absorption studies according to OECD 428. The ex vivo human skins are prepared under high quality standards within up to 12 hours after cosmetic surgery for the in vitro use. Skin samples are collected from donors who gave their informed consent.
Ex vivo human skins are important for the chemical, agrochemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic or biocide and pesticide industries and are designed for:
- selecting drug candidates for dermal application
- characterization of topical dosage forms
- quality assessment
- safety evaluation of chemicals or pesticides
- safety evaluation of cosmetic active ingredients
- selecting a suitable vehicle
Ex vivo human skins are abdominal or facial skins which are quality controlled for HCV, HIV. The average donor is 45 years with a skin thickness found in the average population. The ex vivo skins are used for in vitro dermal absorption or penetration studies according to OECD 428 (2004a + 2004b), OECD GD 428 (2004c), WHO/IPCS (WHO 2006).
The ex vivo XenoSkin P offer an excellent alternative to animal testing for the efficacy and safety of a chemical, pesticide. pharmaceutical or cosmetic compound: «Ban on animal testing» directive in the EC prohibits to market cosmetic products or its ingredients tested on animals. Xenoskin P and XenoSkin H It fulfill the criteria of multiple guidelines.
- «Ban on animal testing» directive in the EC,
- 3Rs directive to replace, reduce and refine animal use in safety and efficacy evaluations.
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of CHemicals)
Jacketed and Unjacketed Franz Diffusion Cells (FDC) of various sizes, also available as a set including a clamp and a magnetic stirrer:
- 5 mm FDC, 0.20 cm2, 5 ml acceptor vol.
- 7 mm FDC, 0.38 cm2, 5 ml acceptor vol.
- 9 mm FDC, 0.64 cm2, 5 ml acceptor vol.
- 4 mm FDC, 1.00 cm2, 12 ml acceptor vol.
- 15 mm FDC, 1.76 cm2, 12 ml acceptor vol.
- 20 mm FDC, 3.14 cm2, 10 ml acceptor vol.
- 20 mm FDC, 3.14 cm2, 15 ml acceptor vol.
- 2 mm FDC, 4.98 cm2, 20 ml acceptor vol.
- 8 mm FDC, 6.51 cm2, 120 ml acceptor vol.
- 46 mm FDC, 16.60 cm2, 120 ml acceptor vol.
Other sizes on request.